Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that occurs when the blood glucose level in a person’s body is too high. This may either occur if your body is not making enough insulin (a hormone that controls the blood glucose or the blood sugar level and helps them to reach the cells) or not at all. Due to this, the glucose remains in your blood, and when it crosses the maximum limit that a body cannot handle, you get diabetes. To overcome the various expenses due to diabetes, insurance companies provide diabetics health insurance.
Types of Diabetes
There are Two Common Types of Diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
Type 1 Diabetes
This occurs when your body does not produce insulin at all. Although it can appear at any age, the most commonly diagnosed are children and young adults. An individual with Type 1 diabetes has to get regular doses of insulin to be alive.
Type 2 Diabetes
This occurs when your body does not use the insulin well. Type 2 diabetes can occur among anyone at any age. This is the most common type of diabetes.
Benefits of a Diabetes Health Insurance Plan:
- Diabetes health insurance plan covers all the expenses due to diabetes such as hospital charges, doctor’s fee, nurses fee, expenses on medicines and drugs required for the treatment, etc.
- Expenses upon diagnostic tests and consultations during pre and post hospitalization are covered up to a specified limit declared by the insurer in the policy.
- Some health insurance companies also provide accidental coverage and up to 100% compensation to the person insured during the policy period.
- Some insurance companies provide wellness benefits to improve the health of the policyholder.
- Some insurance companies provide diabetics health insurance with a zero-day waiting period. It means that the policyholder can avail various benefits from the next day of buying the policy.
- Most of the insurance companies provide you rewards for staying healthy by looking at the result of various tests and diagnosis.
Care Insurance provides diabetes health insurance, which is customized by taking various factors into effect which a diabetic patient requires from his insurance policy.
What is Not Included in the Diabetes Health Insurance Policy:
- Any self-inflicted injuries are not covered
- Any pre-existing illness, other than diabetes and hypertension, subject to a waiting period
- Any sexually transmitted disease such as HIV/AIDS
- Treatment of obesity or cosmetic surgery
One thing that should always be kept in mind, that diabetes is a non-curable disease. It can only be kept under control by following various necessary steps and living a healthy lifestyle.
Diabetes makes the healing process in a patient very slow, due to which there is always a chance of getting infections easily. If left unchecked, diabetes can cause serious health-related issues such as kidney failure, heart disease, stroke, nerve problems, etc. Therefore, proper treatments should be taken to keep diabetes under control. A diabetics health insurance plan is there to provide various facilities and medical expenses that an individual requires for keeping it under control.