Summer’s almost over, which means that Halloween is fast approaching. With busy schedules, it can be hard to make time for planning an awesome Halloween office party. There are some easy tricks that you can use to make sure that you get everything sorted out in time for some perfectly spooky festivities. Check these out!
- Make a Slack channel for your party. First things first, you’re going to want to get everyone who is involved with party planning together and make sure you’re on the same page. What kind of Halloween party is it going to be? Fun and silly, or seriously scary? It can be easy to go overboard, so make sure that everyone knows what you’re planning. A group-chat environment is a great way to keep everyone posted about details and decisions, as well as a way to keep enthusiasm high by sharing Halloween-themed memes and fun articles with ideas for your party.
- Sort out your funds. Check with your manager to see whether there are funds set aside for office festivities – they might surprise you! If not, it’s not the end of the world. Come up with a budget and see if everyone in the office can pitch in. An office party on a budget doesn’t have to be a bad thing at all. Even $5 or $10 per person can be enough to plan a memorable Halloween party with a little imagination and smart spending. If you do end up buying a lot of supplies, try to get reusable items so that you can minimize costs next year. This should be fairly easy to do with the decorations, just make sure you store them carefully.
- Figure out your costumes. It’s just not a Halloween party without cool Halloween costumes to get everyone in the spooky spirit. Deciding on some ground rules is a good way to make sure nobody wears something offensive. While there’s nothing wrong with a somewhat wacky costume show, you wouldn’t want to accidentally hurt someone’s feelings or offend their culture – it’s something important to be mindful of!
- Figure out your catering. What sorts of food and drink are you going to provide? There are plenty of great catering services to choose from, so be sure to shop around before committing to anywhere in particular. Send out an office poll to see whether people are keen on a particular restaurant. Remember, some people in your office may have dietary restrictions. You wouldn’t want any vegans, gluten-intolerant, or Halal eaters to feel left out during the fun. While you’re at it, think about experimenting with some new food yourself! If catering is out of the budget, you could also consider doing a potluck.
- Decorate the office. As the date approaches, you’ll want to get the office ready for your Halloween celebration. Some offices scrape by with a pumpkin on the reception desk and a few bowls of candy laid here and there but you could definitely step your game up. If you really want your party to be a hit, you probably should! Try playing with the lights in the office to see if you can dim them, or light only a few for a creepy vibe. Check with your office manager to see whether dry ice will harm any electronics – and if not, go wild with it! Nothing says fun and scary office party like covering the office with a layer of eerie fog.
- Get yourself in the spirit! Once you’ve decided on a date, time, food, and how it’s all going to get funded, it’s time for you to get yourself in the Halloween spirit and plan your own costume. One cool and trendy option is to have fun with Halloween-themed makeup. Try watching some of your favorite horror flicks to get yourself in the mood and inspire some jaw-droppingly spooky costumes!
Remember, the point of an office Halloween party is to have fun and get everyone together in a context that they don’t usually get to! Try not to stress yourself out too much in the planning, or you might miss out on some of the fun. Just follow these tips, make sure to include everyone, and remember to have a blast!