There comes a time when an emergency strikes and you’re carrying the most substantial financial burden. Your bills are going through the roof, and all you need is an instant financial boost. Maybe your highly cherished car just broke down yet you do not have enough funds to have it repaired. Perhaps you have just received shocking news from your doctor that you require an urgent and pricy medical procedure that will put you in hospital for weeks.
Whatever the situation, seeking a line of credit or urgent loan can help a great deal in fixing the problem. But what type of loan can help you overcome your ordeal? Well, the good news is that today, there exists plenty of financial funding ways such as payday loans or credit cards. However, they come at a considerable cost, meaning that you will remain in debt even longer than expected due to huge fees and interest rates charged by lenders.
The wisest option you may consider is a line of credit which is highly useful for people like you. These are budget-friendlier options compared to payday loans or credit cards that have huge interest rates. The following is everything you need to know when you want to use an online line of credit to your maximum advantage.
What is a LOC or Line of Credit Loan?
This is a loan type financial institutions extended to help you borrow a certain amount of money for a specific purpose such as HELOC loans for home improvement projects. These loans are suitable for self-employed individuals or business people without collateral. When you choose a LOC, you will only be required to pay off the interest on the volume of funds that you’re borrowing. For instance, if you have $10,000 as your LOC loan, you will not be asked to pay interest if you do not withdraw from your account. The whole amount is available any time you need to make a purchase.
Different Types of Lines of Credit
People have various reasons for going for a line of credit loan as per their financial needs. Different Lines of credit loans include:
- Secured and Unsecured LOCs – The secured type is usually supported with collateral, such as a car, home, valuable assets. Unsecured LOCs have no collateral backing and is associated with high-interest rates.
- Personal Lines of Credit – Secured personal lines of credit have lower interest rates in contrast to unsecured types that have high-interest rates. A borrower is allowed to use the money as he wishes, but since this loan is attached to collateral, you may lose your assets if you don’t pay off the balance as required.
- Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC) – As previously mentioned, this loan helps homeowners complete their home renovation projects. Your home’s value acts as collateral; thus, it’s secured.
- Business Line of Credit – Designed to fund small business financial requirements like new equipment, replenishing inventory, or operational financing costs. It’s secured using the available assets as collateral.
The Best Way to Apply for a Line of Credit Loan
When applying for a LOC, your creditworthiness and credit score determines the lender’s decision to approve the loan. Follow the following steps to qualify for a line of credit loan successfully.
- Determine Your Credit Score – Are you aware of your credit score? Do you have a problem with an account that requires fixing? Ensure that you’re aware of your credit report before visiting any financial institution for a loan.
- Organize your Financial Records – Most financial lenders scrutinize your job, income, and residence, among other things that can potentially hurt or benefit your loan application. For this reason, you need to organize all financial records like tax returns, employment records, and bank statements, among others.
- Compare Rates and Terms from Other Lenders – Try out different lenders when applying for the loan and make a comparison of rates as well as terms set for repayment. Go for lenders with suitable repayment terms and rates.
LOCs or lines of credit can be a lifesaver if you’re struggling financially. The wisest approach is viewing your financial problem holistically and comparing available options as per your specific requirements. Remember, borrow the least possible loan that you can manage to repay off with ease.