In case you have come across this write-up chances are you are an entrepreneur looking for services from a reputed software development company. There is also a fair possibility that you are hiring such services for the very first time. And all these requirements put enormous pressure and responsibility upon your shoulders to conclude the task by hiring the best resources.
If you don’t have any experience in hiring such a company; you surely need the right assistance to proceed in the right direction. And when hunting for such services, it is not merely about the reputation of the company but also the technical expertise that it holds.
The hiring procedure can also be extended to hire software development companies that:
- Offer dedicated resources
- Work on a variety of frameworks
- Give priority to an engagement model that suits your requirements, and
- Service without compromising the quality
These are just the basic requirements that must be checked before hiring services from a custom software development company. Here are more ideas to work upon to hire the best assistance for your needs.
Prior to talking about the tips, let’s have a preview on the categories that you may come across while hiring such services.
You may come across a software development company that offers services in the following verticals:
- Onshore: The companies that are operating within the country
- Offshore: The companies providing services from foreign locations
Both these verticals have their unique service models along with the benefits and a few disadvantages.
With onshore companies, you could have in-person meetings. It is easier to communicate with them at any point of time, and the cost of such services are affordable if compared to offshore resources.
While hiring offshore company services, you may not have in-person meetings. And when it comes to communication, both the parties will have to schedule a meeting in advance to talk about the project.
Now that we have discussed much on the type of companies let’s have a brief on the tips to hire custom software development company.
- Interview companies to find out their expertise
Never hire a company just because it is reputed rather talk in person to know its expertise. It is suggested to meet in person and get your queries resolved. This will offer a clear picture of the expertise that the company holds in that particular domain. Do talk about these parameters to find out the technical capabilities of the company.
- Which tools and techniques are commonly used?
- What is the software development cycle? It is Agile, Waterfall or any other? and
- What is the strategy? How is the development phase concluded?
- Discuss the required features, annotated design with a brief on technical requirements
For having a custom product designed exclusively for the business, talk about the required features. Give your resources enough time and information with annotated designs on the technical requirements. Keep user experience at the top, plan a general architect and see if the wireframes are developed as per the need. Remember, the wireframes can be altered if they are not created suitably. But once the design gets into the final stage called ”comps,” it becomes a bit difficult for the developers to work on it.
- Have a look at the portfolios
Portfolios are the best sources that could help figure out the technical expertise of a company or a team. They have case studies, which is another medium to know the caliber of the company on technical grounds. You would also get the samples of the previously done projects, the time required to conclude the projects, and the number of resources employed in the assignment as well. Consider all these factors prior to making the final decision.
- Don’t get tempted by an affordable hiring rate
Choosing the services considering just the price quotes is a poor practice. The bottom line is to develop software with all the essential features and superb user experience. And it is never a great idea to hire cheap assistance right now and then struggle later for fixing the bugs that come across. Instead, hire affordable services from that firm which meets the expectations at every level right from the technical to the financial one.
Extended points of considerations
- Understand the type of firm you want to work with
- Be honest with your requirement list (Provide design and technical requirements
- Remain available for their questions
- Don’t select the team based on just the price quotes
- If possible, have a meeting in-person
Your journey towards hiring the best software development company would become much smoother by following all the suggestions listed above.