Wherever you go, you will find ice machines being used at the facility. Whether you visit a restaurant or a hospital or even a healthcare facility, commercial ice makers have become a common sight in this modern era. When you talk about an ice maker or an ice machine, there are several varieties to choose from. The one you choose is entirely based upon your budget, requirement, and available space to store the machine. Even before you decide to buy an ice maker, it will be a good idea to gather as much relevant information about such machines as possible. This will put you in a better position to choose the right ice machine without wasting much time in the selection process.
Different Types of Ice Makers
As discussed above, there are different types of ice machines in the market. Choosing the right one may often prove to be a major headache if you are not sure about what you need from the machine and the different features of ice machines in the market.
- Modular Ice Makers: As the name suggests, these ice machines are mainly designed to produce large quantities of ice. These are named as “modular” simply because these can easily fit on top of a wide array of ice storage bins. As a result of this, these ice machines can easily be modified to fulfil the needs of users in terms if quantities of ice. If you use this type of ice machine, you will naturally need an ice storage bin.
- Undercounter Ice Machines: These types of ice makers are designed in such a way that they prove to be both convenient to use and save space. These can easily be placed even in smaller spaces. Undercover ice machines are basically placed under the front of a bar so that staffs get quick access to the machine for ice. Most of the time undercover ice machines are used at homes. Due to the convenient size of the machine, these can easily fit under countertops. Undercover ice makers come with a wide array of ice cube styles.
- Dispenser Ice Machines: These types of ice machines are designed for the common interest of the general public. At a place where any person needs to access an ice machine for ice, a dispenser ice maker is the best solution. These types of machines will also prevent the spread of contamination or germs from being used by different people.
Types of Ice You May Need
There are several types of ice that you may need. These are listed below.
- Crescent Cube: The melting rate of these types of ice cubes are medium and mostly used at restaurants, bars, hotels, and convenience stores, to name a few.
- Flake Ice: These tend to melt pretty fast and are ideally suitable for use in healthcare purposes due to their ability to bend and pack.
- Cubelet Ice: These appear quite similar to the Flake Ice. However, it is less dense than other types of ice and also melts very fast as compared to cube ice. It is used at restaurants, bars, and hospitality.