Baltimore is the largest city of Maryland, known to most of the tourists, perhaps, only due to the detective series about the “slaughter department.” More enlightened ones are aware of the fact that the great Edgar Poe lived and published his works here. In principle, all this perfectly fits well with the current appearance of the city: harsh, tough, concrete.
This is an independent city, once considered the most important port in America. Today, tourists enjoy visiting numerous monuments, unusual museums and other attractions of this city.
Thus, they usually apply to the Enterprise car rental Baltimore MD, where they rent a SUV to go sightseeing. Hiring a car has many advantages – you can plan your own route, stop where and when you want, enjoy the scenery and architecture, take many great photos. A trip by public transport in many ways limits your possibilities.
Using public transport, you find yourself in not pleasant conditions, unlike a rented car, where the trip will take place at the highest level of comfort. Moreover, the company Enterprise offers only proven and high-quality cars of world-famous models and at competitive prices.
Features of car rental in Baltimore
Actually, Enterprise car rental has the common age restrictions – you must be at least 21 years old, only from this age car rental is allowed in Baltimore, in fact, as in all US states. In order to rent a car in Baltimore is better to have the rights of an international sample. By the way, if you are under 25 years old, you will have to pay insurance.
- Toll roads – they are absent in Baltimore.
- The basic rules of the road in Baltimore are almost the same as in all states.
- The speed limit in the city is 25 miles / hour and 65 miles / hour in the country.
- The maximum dose of alcohol – 0.8 ppm.
- Seat belts are mandatory for the driver and passenger in the front seat, for children under 5 years old there must be a child seat.
- Do not park the car on the side of the road as well as where there are no places specially equipped for parking.
- Do not park the car in a parking lot designed for persons with disabilities.
- You need to pay for the service upon departure – the payment process is automated.
- Penalties for breaking the rules of the road.
- There are very strict fines for speeding and driving while drunk (250 dollars).
- As for fuel, it can be found at all gas stations in the city, so there are no problems with hit.
Best of all, if the cost of insurance will be included in the cost of car rental in Baltimore, so it would be better if you pay attention to this when signing the contract.
When you get to Baltimore, you immediately notice its architecture. It is presented in various styles, but the hallmark of the city are the marble churches and red brick houses, which were built in the colonial style.
By renting a car, you can easily reach the obelisk, which stands on the grave of the world famous writer – Edgar Allan Poe.
The inner harbor is the pride of the city. Be sure to go to the Baltimore National Aquarium, the Baltimore Basilica, and the Museum of Art. The Phoenix Shot Tower building and the octahedral Charles Center Office Tower should not be overlooked.
Choosing a car at the Enterprise BWI airport, you give yourself an unforgettable adventure and get many pleasant emotions!