Electronic Arts has revealed a list of games that they’re going to be taking offline soon – and yes, some of them are ones that have Online Passes!
Granted, that some of these games might be old, but some a few of them were just released in 2010. I can imagine some people won’t be happy to hear this news.
The full list of affected games can be seen below.
- BOOM BLOX Bash Party for Wii
- Burnout™ Revenge for Xbox 360
- EA Create for PC, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360
- EA Sports Active 2.0 for PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360
- EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp for Wii
- FIFA 10 for PlayStation Portable and Wii
- The Godfather™ II for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- MMA for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- Need for Speed™ ProStreet for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- The Saboteur™ (loss of The Midnight Club access) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- Spare Parts for PlayStation 3 Xbox 360
EA has stated that there is less than 1% of its total player base that plays these games. Hence, the reason for their closure They also added that they’d rather have their engineering and IT staff focus on the 99% of customers who are playing their more popular games.
While game abandonment is inevitable, this wouldn’t be as painful to those affected if the games didn’t implement Online Passes.
For those still playing the games listed above, get as much as you can before April 13 – yeah, that’s the date when servers for said games will be halted.
Are you still playing any of the games EA will put to pasture? If so, what do you make of all this?