One of the most endearing games of this age is already receiving a collector’s edition.
Journey, one of the beautiful games available from Thatgamecompany, will soon be available in a swanky new collector’s edition. What separates this from the normal version is that the other great games from Thatgamecompany will also be available on the disc: flOw and Flower.
There’s a whole lot of special content on this blu-ray disc:
- 30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
- Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
- Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
- Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
- Original soundtracks for all three games
- PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
- PSN avatars including 8 exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
- Official game trailers and developer diary videos
- Reversible cover art
The soundtracks and exclusive mini-games look to be the best part (Well, other than the games themselves), especially since Journey had one of the best soundtracks I’ve heard in a game to date. The mini-games are part of a special tradition at Thatgamecompany where they make a few small games in a special 24 hour gamesjam, and all have been made in a 24 hour time limit. This is the only chance you’ll get to play these games as well, and if the full games are anything to go by then these mini-games must be just as amazing.