Epic Games previously announced that the first DLC pack for Gears Of War: Judgment and the first title update of the game would be coming next week, on April 2nd. However it looks like GOW fans are in for a nice surprise, since both DLC and title update will be available later today on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
The Haven DLC pack is a free DLC including the Haven multiplayer map and the “Execution” mode. The Haven map is set in a frozen ancient monastery in the Azura mountains, featuring an asymmetrical layout with all paths leading to the center. Execution mode comes back from the previous entries of the series: the main objective of this mode is to kill all members of the enemy team before the time limit runs out.
To download the DLC you will have to do it from the Xbox 360 dashboard or add it to your download queue from Xbox.com since the in-game download is not functioning properly.
Here’s all the changes introduced by the new title update:
- Various dedicated server improvements.
- Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
- Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
- Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
- Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
- If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
- Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
- While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
- The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
- The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
- If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
- You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
- Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
- Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
- You will now see XP tallies between matches.