The hip hop culture has been around since the 1970’s and like with many pop genres it has establish its own trademark characteristics. The sound of the music, the message it carries and the fashion it follows, they are all what makes hip hop unique. Yet, it appears that it is not as unique as we thought.
Everything that exists today is influenced by the past, some things more than others, some by chance others by design. It is enough to make you believe that there is nothing left that is 100% original. The hip hop culture is relatively new, yet we can see similarities with culture from centuries ago.
B4-XVI beforesixteen managed to find the similarities between these two styles and here are the 11 images that show them.
1. Portrait of Henry the Pious, Duke of Saxony (by Lucas Cranach 1514) VS Takeoff from Migos
2. Durer Praying hands (removed from background 1508) VS Drake 6 Artwork
3. Quentin Massys (Ecce Homo-1520) VS 2 Chainz
4. Perugia Altarpiece (left panel by Fra Angelico 1437) VS Kanye West and Pastor Rich Wilkerson Jr
5. Male Ancestor (1st–4th century. Mesoamerica. Nayarit) VS Young Thug
6. The Adoration of the Magi (Hugo van der Goes. Netherlandish Late 15th century) VS Wiz Khalifa
7. Jan van Eyck. Ghent Altarpiece detail. (c. 1432) VS The ATL Twins
8. Detail of The Martyrdom of Saint Lawrence, by Masters of the Acts of Mercy (Austrian, Salzburg, c. 1465) VS ASAP Ferg
9. Detail of Christ Blessing surrounded by a Donor Family. (Unknown German Painter 1560) VS Kanye West
10. Reliquary arm of St. Valentine (14th century Swiss) VS 2 Chainz
11. Henry VIII Henry VIII (By Hans Holbein the Younger 1540-1550) VS Rick Ross
What do you know? The renaissance nobility were really gangsta.
Share this post with your friends using the sharing buttons below.