The Birthplace of America truly has something for everyone who lives and visits the Commonwealth. Explore renown and contemporary art in fine art museums. From state of the art sports venues, historical landmarks that date back to America’s founding, to quaint family parks. Here are some true hidden gems waiting to be experiences in Pennsylvania.
1. Klues Escape Room
Klues Escape Room in Stroudsburg, Monroe County, Pennsylvania, offers an exciting and immersive experience for groups of friends, family, or coworkers. Their uniquely themed rooms provide a challenging and entertaining environment for participants. Here’s a brief overview of the themed rooms they offer:
- The Curse of the Pharaoh: Step into ancient Egypt and enter the Pharaoh’s Tomb. Work together with your team to restore peace by ridding the spirits and lifting the curse that has been disrupted.
- Mad Hatter: Inspired by Lewis Carroll’s classic tale, this room takes you on a whimsical and puzzling journey into Wonderland. Solve puzzles and navigate through the adventure to escape the Mad Hatter’s world.
- Moonshiner: Find yourself in a moonshiner’s predicament. Brew a batch of moonshine quickly to raise money and bail Uncle Cecil out of jail. Time is of the essence in this room.
- The Mad Scientist: Enter the laboratory of a mad scientist. Participants have the opportunity to earn fast cash by participating in a medical study. However, when the experiment takes a horrifying turn, you must work together to escape the consequences.
Escape rooms like those at Klues offer a fantastic opportunity for teamwork, problem-solving, and communication skills. They make for excellent team-building activities and provide an engaging and memorable experience for groups looking for a thrilling challenge.
2. Hershey Themed Park
Located in Hershey on the outskirts of Philadelphia, Hersheypark is a popular amusement park with thrilling rides, family-friendly attractions, live entertainment, and a water park. It’s a perfect destination for a fun-filled day with family and friends. And of course, there’s plenty of chocolate for the kids from the world-famous Hershey Chocolate Factory.
3. Wind Creek Casino
Wind Creek Bethlehem is a resort and casino located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. It is owned and operated by Wind Creek Hospitality, an authority of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians. From fine dining to table game tournaments, here are some key features and attractions of Wind Creek Bethlehem:
Casino: Wind Creek Bethlehem features a large casino floor with a wide variety of slot machines, table games, and poker rooms. It offers a thrilling gaming experience for enthusiasts.
Dining: The resort boasts several dining options, ranging from casual eateries to upscale restaurants. Visitors can enjoy diverse cuisines and culinary delights at various on-site restaurants and cafes.
Shopping: Wind Creek Bethlehem offers shopping opportunities with boutique stores and retail outlets within the resort. Guests can indulge in shopping for fashion, accessories, and other items.
Entertainment: The resort hosts live entertainment events, concerts, and shows throughout the year. Visitors can enjoy performances by renowned artists and entertainers in the on-site event venues.
Nightlife: Wind Creek Bethlehem features bars and lounges where guests can unwind, enjoy cocktails, and socialize. It offers a vibrant nightlife scene within the resort premises.
Hotel: The resort includes a luxurious hotel with comfortable rooms and suites, providing a relaxing stay for guests. The hotel offers amenities such as a spa, fitness center, and swimming pool.
Whether you’re interested in trying your luck at the casino, attending live performances, enjoying fine dining, or simply relaxing in a comfortable hotel, Wind Creek Bethlehem offers a diverse range of activities for visitors. Book your trip to Wind Creek, or get the full five-star casino experience at home, or on your mobile device now that the Keystone State has legal online gambling.
4. Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater
While not exactly hidden, Fallingwater is a masterpiece of architectural design. Designed by legendary architect and scriptwriter, Frank Lloyd, the house is built over a waterfall and is a must-visit for architecture and design enthusiasts. Advance reservations are recommended.