Another 13th Friday will be remembered as one of the most tragic days in history.
Friday, 13th November 2015, Paris suffered multiple terrorist attacks resulting in over 130 deaths of innocent civilians and hundreds more wounded.
These attacks are related to the ongoing civil war in Syria and the investigation has managed to reveal information about the attackers and the way they performed this gruesome act.
The tragic event shook the world, which rose in support for France and made the countries be more cautious about the many Syrian refugees they welcome with opened arms.
The day after the attacks many countries lit up important landmarks and monuments in the colors of France to show their support and even a week after the attack, many powerful images continue to appear.
Here is a small part of the tidal wave of France support.
- People Gathered in Support For France
2. French soldiers patrol the La Defense business district in Paris
3. Flowers outside the Consulate-General of France in St. Petersburg, Russia
4. Eiffel Tower peace sign emerges as symbol of support after attacks
5. A man wears a t-shirt with his own version of the drawing as he passes Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate
6. A supporter comforts a friend after invading the pitch of the Stade de France stadium
7. Members of German-Tunisian association DTV hold placards in front of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin
8. People gather in Hong Kong show solidarity with the French
9. Flowers placed at one of the terrorist attacks.
10. Tragic and powerful illustrations of the France attack.
11. Supporter with the improved version of the peace sign drawn on her face.
12. The Facebook option to update one’s profile picture with the French flag in support of France.
14. Wembley Stadium, England
15. Shanghai World Expo
16. Macedonian Ministry of Foreign Affairsin Skopje, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
17. Planalto Palace, Brasilia, Brazil
18. Albania’s government building in Tirana
19. Tower Bridge, London, UK
20. Brandenburg Gate, Germany
21 National Theatre, London, UK
22. Palace Albania in Belgrade, Serbia
23. Mourners stood in Trafalgar Square in front of The National Gallery
24. French flag at L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles
25. CN Tower At Bay Street, Toronto
26. Museum of Archeology of Macedonia and Constitutional Court in Skopje
27. San Francisco City Hall
28. Seattle’s Great Wheel
29. The Auckland Sky Tower is lit in New Zealand
30. The Calgary Tower in Alberta, Canada
31. Christ the Redeemer, Rio
32. Court Square Fountain near the Alabama State Capitol
33. The Dallas skyline
34. The Dom Towerin Utrecht, Netherlands
35. The Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm
36. The High Roller at The LINQ Promenade on the Las Vegas Strip
37. The Piramide de Mayo (Pyramid of Mayo)
38. The town hall of Brussels
39. Buildings are lit in the colors of the French flag in Mexico City.
40. Colpatria’s tower, Bogota
41. Sidney’s Opera House, Australia
42. A peace vigil in Kathmandu
Pray for Paris.