The SBI PO exam has been the talk of the town recently. It has been a subject frequently discussed in the news. Firstly, you should be aware of what the exam is all about. It is a national exam held annually in 3 phases – the Prelims exam, the Mains exam, and the Interview process. As per the SBI PO notification released by the State Bank of India on 4th October, the registration process has to be completed between the 5th and the 25th of October, 2021. All interested candidates should keep a track of these dates and check their eligibility.
The official notification has been released in PDF form on the SBI Career page of the bank’s official website. As per the notification released, 2056 posts for Probationary Officers will be filled via the SBI PO exam this year. It comes as no surprise that this is the most coveted banking exam in the country, with almost 9 to 10 lakh candidates appearing for it. The lucrative pay scale and a secure government job are the key perks. Moreover, people from all social, economic, and educational backgrounds can apply for the job. This ensures that a level playing field is provided for all.
Eligibility Criteria For The SBI PO Exam
Now that we know about the SBI PO exam and why it is so prestigious, let us take a look at the eligibility criteria that aspirants must abide by. These have to be strictly followed. The person needs to be Indian, must be a graduate in any field and have a valid, recognised degree and should not be older than 32 years or younger than 21 years. Certain age relaxations are provided by the Government of India to support people. These relaxations are valid for people belonging to lower castes and the economically affected strata of societyThe relaxation in the upper age limit provided by the Government rounds up to be 10 years for persons with disabilities (PWBD). The relaxation given is 3 years for the Non-creamy layer of the OBC category. The relaxation of 5 years is given to people belonging to the SC or ST category. 5-year age relaxation has been given to regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory of Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only), people affected by the 1984 riots and Ex-Servicemen.
Rules You Should Follow To Crack The SBI PO Exam In The First Attempt
- Be up to date with the syllabus – Every year, slight modifications are made to the syllabus for the SBI PO exam. You must be aware of these changes and know the syllabus thoroughly. Given that there are two papers you have to prepare for and an interview to appear for, it becomes essential to be able to segregate between what is important from the examination point of view and what is not. You must be well-versed in Quantitative Aptitude, English, and Reasoning to be able to do well in the Prelims and Mains.
- Keep a track of current affairs – Once you know the syllabus properly, you will see that banking and financial awareness form an important part of your question paper both for the Prelims and the Mains examinations. Their importance cannot be undermined. These are both dynamic industries that are ever-evolving. Thus, you must not miss any updates pertaining to the banking and finance sector. To prevent this from happening, you can download a news application onto your phone. This will enable you to get easy access to any relevant news articles. Apps catering specifically to news essential for SBI PO candidates are also available on the app store.
- Do not stop revising – There is a significant time gap between the Prelims and the Mains examinations. You cannot expect to retain all that you have learnt if you do not keep yourself in the habit of revising continuously. Moreover, in the interview too, you can be asked a few questions pertaining to your syllabus. This is why you must always be in touch with your books and spend a few hours studying each day. After you have covered a certain portion of your syllabus, revise it a week or so later. This will help you immensely in the long run too.
- Sit for mock exams – Preparing for mock exams helps you to evaluate how much you remember and then proceed accordingly. SBI PO free mock test help you evaluate yourself better. After giving any exam, you must check what mistakes you have made so as to not repeat them again. Giving such mock tests is bound to help you a lot in your preparation.
- Prepare for the interview simultaneously – Remember, for the interview, your English-speaking skills will be put to the test. Interviewers will keep a track of how you present yourself and grade you accordingly. If required, you can enrol for an English course. These are readily available both online and offline. However, by the time that the day of the exam comes around, you must be fluent in the language. This will help create a lasting impression on your interviewers and your chances of being selected for the job will increase.
- Take ample rest – Last but not least, do not burn yourself out. The SBI PO exam is certainly tough to crack but you can do it with some meticulous planning and disciplined study. Stick by the study schedule you make but don’t forget to take some time out for recreation. Be consistent and you will certainly do well.