With some organization upfront, furniture removal won’t be such a demanding job. All you need is to have a bit of a plan at hand. That means you need to know what exactly has to go so it’s best to create a list for that job. Once you’ve determined the items for your furniture removal, just follow through with our four-step strategy. At the end of it, you’ll only have to make an appointment with a licensed service. Chances are low that you’ll get rid of all your unwanted items without it. To learn more about efficient and affordable furniture removals, just get in touch with your local removal service.
1, You Might Be Able To Sell Some Of It
Take your list of items for furniture removal and have a good look at the individual items. Is there anything still in auspicious shape? Are there any retro or antiquity items? If the answer is yes, it’s fantastic news. You shouldn’t just toss those items and rather offer them for sale since once you find a buyer, you won’t have to haul out those items yourself. That’s probably the best part of it: making some bucks on the side without lifting a finger.
To sell items of your furniture removal you have several options:
- Put it up for sales online such as on craigslist, Kijiji, Letgo, eBay, or Offerup. Take some good pictures of your furniture, add measurements, and put in a note for the buyer to pick it up.
- Organize a garage sale with your unwanted furniture. The best day for a garage sale usually is the first Saturday of the month. People just received their salary and are happier to spend. Advertise for your garage sale online in local groups of social networks. Put up some dashing posters in your neighborhood about the garage sale a week prior.
- Antiquities are best to sell at auction houses. Once you’re in touch with them, you may want to check if you’ve got any other hidden values in your home.
- Contact a consignment shop to buy your furniture and offer it for resale. Check if the store where you’re buying new furniture buys up your old items. For example, the Swedish furniture store buys old furniture when you buy new items at their shop. Unfortunately, they only offer it for furniture that was once bought from them. However, other shops take your old pieces. It’d turn your furniture removal into a much easier task without any worries.
2. You Can Donate Your Furniture
Take your list again and check which items are good for donations. Those items should still be functional and not require repairs at best. To determine if your furniture removal items are donatable, look at them yourself. If you’d be happy to receive it as it is, it’s good to go to a donation center. Check which charities in your area are happy to receive open donations. Schedule an appointment with them and they’ll come around to haul it out. Should they be unable to do so, you can check with your local removal service. Not only have most companies services partnered with charities, but some of them offer a free collection if your furniture removal is supposed to end up with a charity. You’ll only need to inform them to which charity it’s going.
3. Earn Some Money With Recycling
Recycling centers are also another great possibilitydisposal. Since it is a recycling center, they won’t be able to take everything. But all your furniture that’s made of plastic, metal, wood, or even glass is what they’re looking for. Instead of having to pay for removal, they will do it almost for free. Since you’re their supplier of recyclable goods. In turn, they make money from what you’ve donated. Although their furniture removal service is not completely for free, you may end up having to pay nothing at all. They’re going to deduct the value of the items you provide them with from your bill. In most cases, it only pays your furniture removal fees. Most often than not you’re going home with a plus in your pocket.
4. Furniture Removal Services Are At Your Service. Literally.
It’s often thought of as an expensive solution to hire a service for the job. Their fees are based upon two factors:
- The standard of living in your area
- The total volume of your items
Both factors can be influenced. If the standard of living in your area is rather low, you can expect the fees to be lower. The less you have for a furniture removal service to haul away, the cheaper it gets.
With a removal service, you benefit from great advantages that take all the stress from your shoulders. As previously mentioned, pretty much every service has partnered with a charity. They’re going to take care of donations without you having to make thousands of calls. Moreover, they take care of recycling, too. If you don’t know the exact materials of your furniture, you’ll be out of luck at a recycling center. Removal services are experts in determining the materials of old furniture. They can categorize it accordingly at their site (which you probably can’t).
And did you know removal services haul out your stuff directly from your home? That’s indeed the case. There’s no heavy lifting implied for you at all. Neither are you required to put your stuff for furniture removal at the curb – which is illegal in some areas anyway. You’d neither have to disassemble anything.
Are you concerned about a big clean-up l? A furniture removal service will at least help you to tidy up afterward and leave your home in a spotless condition.