Traveling in uncertainty will be the last thing that anyone would expect. Everybody wants to travel with complete peace of mind, ensuring that all things fall into place. When it comes to travel arrangement, you want to make sure that the passport is in its place, the camera is working fine, and all the required travel essentials are wrapped up properly. But didn’t you forget something? Travel Insurance, of course, is an essential thing to consider and should be your top priority. That being said, Reliance General Insurance is known to be one the best international travel insurance companies in India.
What’s the Need?
International travel insurance provides a multitude of benefits and ensures you a safe and convenient trip by providing coverage for the complete duration of your trip. After all, who wouldn’t want to get covered for an unforeseen situation like trip cancellation, medical expenditure, flight delay, and more? Uncertainties that nobody wants to anticipate are covered under overseas travel insurance. New Year is around the corner and the process of planning vacations is in its full swing. The question is ‘have you found the best International travel insurance yet?’
Reliance General Insurance:
Reliance General Insurance understands all your traveling needs whether you are a solo traveller or a family person. Be it about scaling the snowy Swiss Alps or experiencing the bustling city life of Malaysia, get the right insurance plan customized to your needs. If you travel more often, it is you can insure your trips with an annual multi-trip travel insurance plan. The travel protection plan for senior citizens is yet another effective plan for travellers in their 70s.
Why do you need this insurance?
It comes as no surprise that even meticulous planning at times can go awry and cause big losses. Whether it is the untimely delay in flight, a sudden medical condition while on board, or a missed link flight, there could be different reasons that can spoil your fun. Reliance Travel Insurance helps you make up for the losses caused due to any blocker during your trip.
What defines the best travel insurance plan?
The best international travel insurance includes comprehensive coverage with a robust financial backup and great customer support. The plan offers ample medical coverage with an option to opt for additional benefits like extreme sports coverage or pre-existing condition coverage depending on the traveller’s requirements. This insurance plan will offer the most competitive pricing and specialty coverage that make a difference.
Enhanced Protection with Reliance Plans
On the upside, Reliance plans are tailored to customer needs so that all the potential risks are negated while traveling abroad. Regardless of the nature of the trip, be it leisure or a business trip, these plans come with maximum coverage under different circumstances. Here, we will give you a run-down on what this travel insurance plan covers:
- Anaesthetic dental treatment due to an injury.
- The cost involved in obtaining a fresh or duplicate passport.
- Compensation for permanent disability or death due to an unforeseen event, while traveling in a public carrier.
- Reimbursement of return ticket airfare for a close family member who comes to visit the insured person hospitalized for more than 7 days.
- Emergency medical costs paid by the insurer or his/her family members when abroad, for any sudden injury, death or illness.
- In the event of missing a connecting flight that is being delayed for over 3 hours, coverage for the expenses.
- Provision of emergency cash in case there is a loss of funds due to theft.
- Compensation for a third-party liability (resulting in someone’s death, bodily injury or loss of property).
- Any bodily injury due to an accident while travelling.
- Emergency expenses covered in case of medical evacuation to India.
- Expenses covered in case of unplanned cancellation or flight interruption due to medical reasons, airline issue, natural calamity or personal employment reasons.
- Expenses covered while moving the insured traveller’s mortal remains back home or burying abroad in the sad event of an untimely death.
- Expenses covered due to delay in the trip for more than 12 hours; the possible reasons being- airline related, medical, personal employment or natural calamity.
- Protection against coverage due to a malicious event such as theft/burglary while traveling overseas.
- In the least expected event of a plane getting hijacked for over 12 hours, a special distress allowance is given.
- Loss of checked-in baggage by a public carrier.
However, there’s a limitation of risk coverage in certain cases that don’t fall within the ambit of the plan. Listed below are some examples of insurance exclusions:
- Life-threatening illnesses can be covered only if they result from a disclosed pre-existing medical condition, which is mentioned in the policy, valid for people up to 70 years of age. Claims for non-disclosed foregoing health issues will not be eligible for coverage. So, ensure that there is transparency regarding the declaration of a prevailing medical condition in the travel insurance policy.
- Moreover, expenses incurred due to any of these reasons are excluded:
- Mental disorder
- Anxiety, stress or depression
- Alcohol/substance abuse
- Venereal diseases
- There is no cover for expenses incurred if you are:
- Travelling in spite of being advised not to
- Either waiting for or undergoing a specific medical treatment
- Travelling to seek medical treatment abroad
- Issues such as loss of passport or theft when left undisclosed in front of local police authorities
- No partial damage shall be covered loss of personal baggage
- If you are traveling to a country that receives threats of war or nuclear explosion
So, traveling abroad becomes hassle-free with the best international travel insurance plan for 2019. The policy cover is available in 4 different plans and for anyone who is aged between 6 months to 70 years. You can rest assure that you’re choosing the right plan for getting protection against the unforeseeable risks of travelling.