There are only a handful of industry leaders in the VPN market. One such A-lister that we are going to review and analyze today is PureVPN.
The VPN service provider has been in the industry, ruling the hearts of over 3 Million users for over ten years. Since its inception, PureVPN has faced the toughest of competitors and proved itself to be the best and most reliable VPN service in town.
When you search PureVPN on different publishing services or review websites, you will witness that the VPN has managed to garner top ratings. For instance, TrustPilot rates the service 9.5 out of 10 stars. Similarly, Google Play Store rates the Android app 4.1 out of 5.
So, does PureVPN really live up to all the hype it has generated in the market? Let’s learn in the following review:
Pricing & Modes of Payment
Let’s begin with the pricing plans and the modes of payment offered by the VPN service. When you visit the website, you will see that the VPN provider offers three premium plans: 1 Month, 3 Months, and 1 Year.
By offering various plans, the VPN provider makes it easy for users to opt for the one that suits not only their needs but also their budget. The monthly plan is by far the priciest in the list because it is offered at $10.95. However, it is ideal for users who want to test the waters before they commit to an extensive plan.
The three months plan is originally offered at $32.85. However, it is currently available for grabs at 27% off, which reduces the overall cost to $24.00. If the monthly plan doesn’t satisfy you, opt for this plan instead.
If you are looking for a longer commitment, can always opt for the one year plan. The original cost of the plan is $131.4 per year. However, with 70% off, you can get it for $39.96, which makes a mere $3.33 per month.
Once you have chosen a plan, the next step is to pay for it. The VPN provider offers multiple payment modes for the convenience of the users. For instance, users can pay via PayPal, credit cards, gift cards, e-wallets, and even Bitcoins!
*Note: PureVPN is running a Buy One Gift One (B1G1) deal where both new and existing users get to invite their friends and family for a free 1-month account that is worth $10.95. For more information, visit the B1G1 deal page.
Security & Protocols
Security and privacy are the primary reasons why people look for a VPN service. In fact, security is the major purpose for which the tool was initially created.
Anyway, PureVPN offers military-grade encryption. Why we are calling it military-grade encryption, you might wonder? Well, it is because 256-bit AES encryption is the same technology which is being used by government and intelligences agencies to secure their confidential data.
As far as tunneling protocols are concerned, the VPN provider offers up to five protocols that it uses to establish the VPN connection. These include PPTP, SSTP, L2TP/IPSec, IKEv2 and OpenVPN. Users have the option to select the protocol as per their need or leave it to the app to choose the optimal protocol.
- IKS: Internet Kill Switch offers a powerful shutoff mechanism that shoulders the responsibility of keeping the users’ VPN activities confidential when the connection drops.
- Split Tunneling: Split Tunneling is a great feature that makes the overall VPN experience enjoyable. With it, you can split your traffic between the VPN and your ISP. Too bad, not many people are aware of its benefits.
- Servers & Locations: The VPN provider currently operates 2,000+ VPN servers and 300,000 anonymous IPs in 180+ locations across the world, ensuring complete online accessibility.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: You’d be glad to know that the VPN service provider places no limitations when it comes to bandwidth, so users have the freedom to browse, download, and stream as much as they want to.
- Leak Protection: The VPN provider offers IPv6 leak protection, DNS leak protection as well as WebRTC leak protection. Combine them, and you get ultimate anonymity.
- P2P Protection: If you are a savvy Torrenter, then you need this feature to download files securely and without getting on your ISP’s radar.
- Multiple Logins: You can use PureVPN on up to 5 devices at a time. Plus, if you get the B1G1 deal, you can use the VPN service on over ten devices. To do that, you should invite yourself using a different ID instead of inviting anyone else. How’s that for a hack?
- Dedicated IP: PureVPN is one of the very few VPNs in the industry that offers dedicated IPs. You can get IPs from 8 different countries including the US, UK, Canada, Singapore, and more.
- DDoS Protection: Some dedicated IPs can come with DDoS protection as well. The add-on is best for people who need fool-proof security against DDoS attacks.
- Port Forwarding: Port Forwarding has a versatile use case. If you need the add-on, you can get it for a few bucks from PureVPN.
You don’t need to worry about using PureVPN on any device of your choice. After all, the VPN provider has rolled out a plethora of apps for a wide range of devices. For instance, you can set up PureVPN not only on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android, but you can also configure it on different routers, gaming consoles, set-top boxes, smart TVs, tablets, FireStick, Kodi, Roku, and more.
Customer support is the last thing you should be worried about when using PureVPN. The VPN provider employs one of the best technical teams in the world that is responsive and friendly. Moreover, you can reach them through Live Chat as well as email.
All in all, the VPN provider has a great set of amazing security, privacy, anonymity, and accessibility features that exceed the expectations of the users. Therefore, it can be safely said that PureVPN is a VPN service worth every penny!