Summer is the best season of all, because it is the time of holidays and vacations, and that means spending most of the time outside.
The only downside to this are those pesky and incredibly annoying insects. If anything can ruin a perfect outing its those things.
Sure, there are plenty of pesticide-filled bug repellents you can try, if you want to poison yourself along with the bugs. If not, then you might want to take a look at these more natural solutions for getting rid of those annoying insects.
Here are 16 safe and easy anti-bug tips that will definitely come in handy.
1. Keep moths at bay with lavender pieces, cedar chips, or mint leaves.
2. Growing garlic in your yard will ensure your bug problems are a thing of the past.
3. Easy mosquito bite relief
4. Place clover in halves of limes for an even greater result.
5. Wasps getting in your car or RV? Flea collars will keep wasps out.
6. Flies hate Pinesol.
7. Light up citronella scented candles to keep mosquitoes and other insects away.
8. Make a homemade insect repellent with flat beer, mouthwash, Epsom salt and active dry yeast.
9. Mothballs and pantyhose = No Bees
10. Make a fruit fly trap by putting apple and banana slices in a small container.
11. Toss some sage or rosemary on the coals of the barbecue. The scent and smoke will drive any insect away.
12. Wipe your skin with drier sheets for no more bites.
13. Use cinnamon or sidewalk chalk to draw a line around your house or your pets’ food bowl to keep ants away.
14. The perfect trap made from plastic bottle. It will trap mosquitoes, flies, wasps, you name it.
15. Make an ant trap with borax and sugar. Ants come in, they never come out.
16. Johnson baby oil: Keeps your skin baby smooth and fights off mosquitoes.
No more buzzing, no more bites.