Nintendo has released a new firmware update for Wii U.
System update 5.2.0 U offers additional options for data management, introducing folders that allow players to better organise their home screen. The design and layout of the home screen has also been updated, but you’ll have to see for yourself for exactly how it looks.
Changes to the Wii U Menu:
- Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons
- A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu
Changes to Quick Start Menu:
- The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote
- Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu
Changes to the HOME Menu:
- The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated
Changes to the Nintendo eShop:
- Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)
Improvements to system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Wii U owners will be prompted to install the update the next time they turn on the console.