Manic, frantic and quick-witted, with amazing imitating skills, sometimes rude, sometimes deep, goofy and unpredictable, yet gentle and comforting, but always ready to make you laugh, are some of the best qualities that the Oscar-winning actor and comedian Robin Williams will be remembered for. With his sudden and so far controversial death, the final curtain closed on this amazing actor on 11th August, 2014 at the age of 63.
Starting his career in the early 70’s from stand-up comedy gigs and his first role as Mork in the TV series “Mork And Mindy” to the last movies and series he starred in like “The Crazy Ones” and “Night At The Museum 3”, Robin Wiliams played every role an actor could want, leaving behind a colorful and unforgettable legacy and creating characters that has been favorites to many generations.
He was also the recipient of many prestigious awards like Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor,two Emmy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards and five Grammy Awards, as well as a lifetime achievement award from the10th Hollywood Film Festival Awards Gala.
Being a comedian didn’t prevent him to try his hand at more serious and dramatic roles. Among his most memorable movies are: Dead Poets Society (1989), Moscow on the Hudson (1984) Dead Again (1991), Insomnia (2002), Good Morning, Vietnam (1988), The Birdcage (1996), Good Will Hunting (1997), One Hour Photo (2002), The Fisher King (1991) and his forever beloved comedy roles in Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, Patch Adams, Jack, RV, License To Wed, World’s Greatest Dad, Hook and many, many more.
Robin Williams was a great man, actor, comedian and a philanthropist, so despite his unfortunate demise and the speculations that it was a suicide due to depression, here is a small tribute to remember the man who could always make you smile. So in his honor and memory we give you this picture collection of his movies and quotes that he was most famous for.
1. Young Robin Williams In Monk And Mindy
2. One Of His Early Works
3. Good Morning Vietnam
4. The Fisher King
5. Touching Scene From Patch Adams
6. Mrs. Doubtfire. Ah, The Classics
7. The Jumanji Cast
11. His Role As President In The Batler
12. Death To Smoochy
13. And A Whole Lot More
14. He Also Gave His Voice To Genie In “Aladdin” And Ramon And Lovelace In “Happy Feet”
15. And Some Other Animated Characters Like: Batty Koda From FernGully, Dr. Know From A.I, Napoleon Cross From Everybody’s Hero And Fender From Robots.
16. Some Of His Live Stand-Up Comedy Performances. If You Haven’s Seen Them, Find Them And Watch Them Now
17. Robin Holding His Rewards
18. And Now Some Of His Memorable Quotes From His Life And His Art
29. For All Of His Great Achievements…
30. R.I.P Robin Williams
He was brilliant and inspiration and brought joy and laughter to all who’ve seen him perform even once in their life. We will never again witness his genius, but we will cherish his legacy. He will be missed.
Share this farewell for Robin Williams with your friends by clicking on the sharing buttons below.