Dark Souls 2 has finally launched on PC, but the launch hasn’t been exactly smooth, as a number of issues have emerged right after the game got unlocked on Steam.
Bandai Namco has set up a support thread for the game on Steam, detailing the known issues and confirming that they are working hard to fix all the issues.
Here’s the full list of known issues.
Dark Souls 2 PC issues
- We are currently investigating and escalating this issue. Some possible work-arounds can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259683457381/We’ll keep this space updated as we know more
- Reports of some previously VAC banned players are unable to play online in Dark Souls II. We will update this space when we have more information on this topic.
- Dark Souls II does not recognize or take input from my controller. If you are experiencing this problem, try the following: “Open up Device Manager and under Human Interface Devices, right click and disable all HID-compliant game controllers, and if you have a G13 disable the Logitch G13 Joystick. Restart the game and it should work. You may also need to disable any virtual HID-compliant game controllers as well.” If you continue to experience this issue, please get in touch with our support team and let them know what controller you are trying to use. We’ll do our best to assist you from there. We will continue to update this space with more information on this issue.
- Reports of players having issues with Keyboard and Mouse controls. We are currently investigating this topic. Please post here with detailed descriptions of your experiences. We will continue to update this space with details as we have them.
- I do not know where my pre-order bonuses are. “Should be located in “x:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dark Souls II\DARK SOULSâ- DIGITAL EXTRAS” if you have it. Make sure you have the preorder content listed under the games dlc as well.” Thank you Cute Little Girl for the post. We will continue to update this space with more information as we have it. If you still don’t have access to your pre-order items, please get in touch with our support team.
Dark Souls 2 is now available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.