DC Universe Online’s next update, War of the Light Part I, will introduce a brand-new storyline as well as the Blue Lantern Corps and a new power set, Rage, which can be used by both heroes and villains. Players will also have access to new Legends PvP characters: Saint Walker and Atrocitus. The DLC will be available for download on the PC, as well as the PlayStation 3 and PS4 early next year.
War of the Light Part I will let players explore new and reimagined environments in DCUO such as changes to Metropolis and for the first time, they will journey to Mogo, the sentient Green Lantern Planet, and Ranx, the Sentient Sinestro Corp City.
Here’s the story synopsis:
“In War of the Light Part I, lanterns of all colors have lost connection with their emotional spectrum entities. Following cryptic evidence, four Corps — Green, Blue, Sinestro and Red — converged on Earth determined to find their entities. The clash of Lantern Corps has resulted in a new war of light, centered in Downtown Metropolis and nearby sentient planets Mogo and Ranx. Players must team up with Hal Jordan or Sinestro in high-level multiplayer adventures to investigate the colored mists that have descended upon Metropolis and are affecting the citizens’ emotions.”
War of the Light Part I will include:
- New Rage Power – The game’s 12th Power Set is a product of red light of rage and can be utilized for both good and evil. Heroes and villains who wield the tank power will notice its abilities have a berserker style feel.
- New 4-Player Operations – Unusual colored mists have appeared and caused a new war of light centered in Downtown Metropolis, Mogo and Ranx. With the help of friends, including Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner on the hero’s side, and Hank Henshaw and Sinestro on the villain’s side, players must uncover the origin of the mysterious mists.
- New 8-Player Operation – The Green Lantern and Sinestro Corps clash while investigating the mists in this new raid that takes place on Mogo and Ranx.
- New Legends PvP Characters – War of the Light Part I introduces two new Lanterns — the violent Atrocitus and the agile Saint Walker.
- New gear and collections.
DCUO’s War of the Light Part I DLC pack will be a free download for the game’s Legendary members and will be available later this winter for purchase by Free and Premium players via the PlayStation Network, the in-game Marketplace, or for PC players via the game’s official website.