There have been a lot rumors surrounding Microsoft’s next console, and although most of it is speculation, we all know that there’s going to be a new Kinect sensor. Microsoft hasn’t officially revealed any specs, but it seems like the Kinect 2.0′s specs have been leaked, and they’re pretty much what you would expect from it. With Sony announcing it’s new Playstation Eye for the PS4, the specs for their new MS device will obviously have some similarities between the PS Eye. The specs are listed below.
- A mode for sitting or standing
- Able to track players with a height of only one meter
- Better detection of a players hand state
- Tracking of six people up from just two
- An improved field of view for a much larger play space
- Higher resolution and quality RGB stream
- Depth stream is much higher resolution which in turn enables resolve of much smaller objects, separate objects much better and able to capture depth curvature around edges much better
- Active infrared enables tracking in low or no light
- Latency has been improved by 33ms
- USB 3.0
- Frame rate up from 15fps to 30fps
- Resolution up from 640×480 to 1920×1080
Microsoft may reveal their next gen system this month, but if they don’t, you can definitely expect the new announcement at E3 2013.