Soul Sacrifice is already out in Japan for PsVita, doing rather well on the market. Once the game gets released in the West it has the potential to do just as well: the game is incredibly fun and well crafted, with all the game’s systems working together really nicely.
A new title update for the game will be launched in April and we can expect all the changes included in this update to be available for the European and North American version as soon as the game becomes available.
Together with two new bosses, Dullahan and Behemoth and a whole new area to explore, a new technique will also become available for use: the Berserk skill will form a tornado around your character, sucking up enemies and attacks at the same time. Unfortunately you will lose sense of all your magic you have set. Meaning that all your currently equipped spells will be re-assigned to different buttons.
A new adhoc multiplayer mode will become available so that two players will be able to play wirelessly without having to be connected onto PSN. A few other fixes will be introduced:
- You can now dodge while aiming a long-ranged spell.
- Additional option menu choices.
- Camera speed is now adjustable.
- Using spells that require you to hold buttons for a longer period of time doesn’t restrict you to using the right stick, as you can use the directional pad too.
- You can now collect Libram’s Tears during Multiplayer Mode, without having to leave the game.
- The X and R buttons are now interchangeable in Key Config.
Soul Sacrifice will be available on April 30th in North America and on May 1st in Europe.