If you have been playing Borderlands 2 on Pc, you may have noticed something has changed recently regarding weapons behavior: as a matter of fact a previous patch, addressing some balance issues in the game, has actually introduced a number of glitches, making some weapons not as good as they once were together with some other malfunctions.
Many players have reported the issues on the Official Borderlands 2 forums and Randy Pitchford himself has given a response to players: the team is keeping a close eye on the whole situation and all the players’ complaints will be useful in making all the necessary fixes. Among the reported bugs is a miscalculation on the damage made by many types of weapons, as a result of the nerfing of the Amp Shield which was considered way too overpowered before the fix.
In the mean time, the team has released a new patch for Borderlands 2: here’s the full list of changes and fixes contained in Update 1.3.1:
- Added support for text input using the gamepad for Steam’s Big Picture mode.
- Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in the “Whoops” mission of the Captain Scarlett DLC.
- Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy’s shields, even though it was hilarious.
- Fixed a bug that caused off-hand weapons to sometimes deal improper damage while Gunzerking.
- Addressed an issue where shotguns did not receive full damage boosts from skills and gear.