Merry Christmas everyone!
The greatest holiday of the year is finally here and if you haven’t been swept up by the whole holiday cheer, opening the presents will certainly help you get into the spirit of the holiday.
There are so many things that are magic about this time of the year, it is hard to choose our absolute favorites.
But, if there is one thing that is great about Christmas in the city is the way each city around transforms into something more magical and simply the world lightens up… Literally.
All the street vendors, impromptu markets and amazing lights that decorate our cities magnify by the thousands for Christmas and New Year, making those calming night walks something truly special, whimsical and romantic.
After the big day, these holiday decorations will soon be taken down, awaiting to resurface the next year, but for now, let’s enjoy them and see how cities around the world welcomed Christmas.
1. Galeries Lafayette, Paris
2. Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen, Denmark
3. New Year’s Old Town Square, Prague
4. Monte Carlo, Monaco
5. Lyon, France
6. Perth, Australia
7. Nice, France
8. Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, London
9. Bogota, Colombia
10. Disneyland, Paris
11. Grand Place, Brussels
12. Barcelona, Spain
13. Kobe Japan
14. Manila, Philippines
15. Ayala Avenue, Makati City
16. London’s Regent Street Christmas Lights
17. Frankfurt, Germany
18. Old Town Square, Prague
19. Shiodome, Tokyo
20. St. Stephen’s Basilica, Budapest, Hungary
21. Ljubljana, Slovenia
22. The Churchill Arms Pub, Kensington
23. Central World Bangkok Christmas Lights