The first two Bioshock games had some cool special editions that included things like a full-sized vinyl record of the soundtrack, and lithographs of artwork seen inside Rapture. So, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that next year’s Bioshock Infinite will also have a fancypants edition crammed full of neat goodies. Today the developer Irrational Games unveiled the Premium Edition of the game, along with the Ultimate Songbird Edition, both of which are bulging with physical and digital loot.
The Premium Edition retails at $79.99 comes with the following physical items:
- A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.
- A 5 x 7-inch “Devil’s Kiss” lithograph by Jorge Lacera.
- A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
- A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
The Ultimate Songbird Edition costs $149.99 comes with all of the above, but also has a hand painted, resin-cast 9.75″ statue of the “Songbird” villain from the game. It was designed by Robb Waters, concept artist at Irrational Games.
Additionally, both editions include a digital version of the soundtrack, plus some in-game bonuses in the form of three special powers:
- BULL RUSH: Melee strikes from a sprint have a chance to knock the enemy down.
- EXTRA! EXTRA!: Audio logs also grant a bounty of “Silver Eagles” — in-game currency.
- BETRAYER: Killing your possessed enemies causes them to explode in a fireball that deals damage.
The game will come out for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, with each version getting specific content. Xbox 360 players receive exclusive Booker and Elizabeth costumes for their Xbox Avatars, while Playstation 3 and PC players get BioShock Infinite Themes.
Both editions are available for pre-order now for North American, and will become available in Europe and Australia on Monday the 22nd. More on the announcement can be found at Irrational Game’s website. Check back with Explosion.com for more preview coverage of Bioshock Infinite in the months ahead.